10 August 2010

For as long as I can remember, I've always liked to cram as much stuff into my life as possible. As a kid, I took part in Brownies/Guides/Pathfinders, baseball, soccer, pottery, gymnastics, choir, and then the world of horses. I always wanted more time for more friends and more activities and more fun.

As I've grown up (relatively speaking, of course) I don't think I've changed much. I always seem to want to do 50 things at the same time and have 40 good friends who I spend time with regularly.

I want to be a good homemaker, cook mind-blowing foods from scratch, offer my kids an incredible homeschooling life, be the supportive and attentive wife Liam deserves, help moms through vast amounts of LLL volunteer work, spend time growing our Attachment Parenting of Edmonton Society, and impact many families through My Nature Baby.

I want to keep in touch with all of my friends. I have my friends who I grew up with, my crunchy mama friends, my friends I've met through Liam, my friends I've met through college, my homeschooling friends, and all the other friends I've nabbed along the way.

I struggle with the desire to take more and more into my life. I'm passionate about things and I feel like I want to commit time to all the things I'm passionate about. But there come the moments of imbalance where it becomes obvious that I'm stretched in too many directions and not filling any role properly.

Today I'm reflecting. I'm reflecting on the things and the people and the activities that bring me (and my family) true joy, the things that bring more positive energy back into my life. I'm pondering how to recognize and cut loose the things that don't serve me on a deep level. Ho hum. Heavy thoughts for a Tuesday night.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I think sometimes we don't have to close those chapters, but they can go on the back burner for a while so you can get more enjoyment out of the pursuits most worthy.

KimLiving said...

I think you're right, Tammy. I feel like the things I have in my life are all valid and important, so putting things on the back burner could give me breathing room without having to let go of things I don't want to.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 In desperate need of entertainment.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.