09 November 2005

Somewhere there is a god of Mommies who does nothing but make sure that the intricate balance of insanity and work being accomplished stays finely tuned.

Take my week, for example. On Monday, Lillian slept in until 9 am. By the time she was up, I'd folded a load of laundry and washed another, had breakfast, washed dishes, and taken a shower. By supper time, I'd cleared off the entertainment unit, set up my nativity scene, gone for a walk, and had coffee with Krista. It was an awesome day. I accomplished so much and I was feeling full of energy even when I went to bed.

The next day, though, started out badly right from the get-go. From 2:30-3:15 am I was up because of an evil cramp in my leg. There's nothing like sitting on the couch with a bag of frozen corn on your leg in the middle of the night to set the tone for the day. When Nicholas woke me up in the morning I had to practically peel myself out of bed. Lillian only stayed asleep until 7:45 before she was screaming but thankfully stopped once I put her in the swing.

After breakfast I decided to take a look at her diaper only to discover that the poop that was supposed to be in it was instead filling the leg of her sleeper. Off we went upstairs to was her off in the sink and rinse out the ultra-nasty sleeper. I also gave her a bath for good measure. Liam phoned not long after and when I complained about my cruddy morning he comforted me by telling me the rest of my day would be better. Just as I hung up the phone Lillian spat up all over herself and the carpet. Uh-huh.

Not too long after Lillian had another dirty diaper. This one, in an effort to be new and exciting, went up her back. Yep, baby poop up to her shoulders and yet another outfit to rinse out in the sink.

Thankfully, Nicholas headed off to school not too long after that and I managed to have a nap. When I picked him up from school I told him how I wasn't nearly so grumpy now that I'd had some sleep. His response was "Finally".

Thanks kid.

2 comments:

Krista Leddy said...

If the mommy goddess has granted you peace, please call me and we can do coffee.

Liam J. said...

If the mommy goddess can grant peace, can it also grant coffee?

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 In desperate need of entertainment.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.