18 January 2006

So that's what a meltdown feels like. Nifty.

Yesterday I reached my limit. I didn't know what it was, but I found it.

Maybe it was the fact that I didn't finish a single meal that I started to eat, and didn't have time to sit down at all for supper.

Maybe it was because those damn little fishcakes refused to look like little fish the way they did in the kid's cookbook.

Maybe it was the mad-dash $200 grocery-shopping trip that included the baby who had to be fed half-way through.

Or maybe it was the 6 hours of sleep I'd had the night before, or the part where Lillian woke up 3 times during those 6 short hours.

Then again, it could have been those 15 minutes I had to unload the groceries from the car, get myself and Lillian dressed to go out, and walk to Nicholas' school to pick him up.

It wouldn't surprise me either if it had something to do with those nasty postpartum hormones kicking my butt just for the fun of it.

I think the part where I arrived at Nicholas' Tae Kwon Do hoping for a chance to sit only to find out it was parents night was a part of it. Trying to participate while jiggling a baby on one hip and holding up a pad for Nicholas to kick was a bit much.

All I know is that I've never been happier to see Liam than I was last night when he showed up to rescue me at Tae Kwon Do. He took over and Lillian and I headed for the sidelines for a quick snack before heading home. I cried the whole way and my legs were wonky when I walked up to the house.

Liam, my knight in shining armor, sent me to bed at 8 and washed the mountain of dishes that had taken over the entire kitchen.

Life is better today. I've had enough food, sleep, and quiet moments that I don't feel like running away from home.

5 comments:

Helen Mueller said...

ahhh - food...

ahhh - sleep...

ahhh - quiet moments...

all so rare in the life of a mom of little ones. I feel for ya. I was there only a short time ago. And I'm here to tell ya - it does get better. Hang in there!

Oh - and by the way, good job, Liam - keep taking good care of her.

Anonymous said...

Liam rocks!
He just needed a woman to take care of!
Take that, Christian wrestling chick!
Take that, other chicks I can't remember Liam asking out (please write in with some of them.)
Whose your daddy, now!

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall something about a girl working at a gas station with blue hair...

But tell me about this Christian wrestling chick. That sounds fantastically mockable!

Liam J. said...

Cliff: Think God 1, Liam 0.

Anonymous said...

Okay, NOW I remember. Heehee. Man, God totally kicked your butt.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 In desperate need of entertainment.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.